
My sister-in-law, Melanie, just tagged me to post my fourth picture in my fourth folder on my computer. This picture makes me both happy and sad. It was taken a couple of years ago at my Mom's surprise 60th Birthday Party. It is of my parents, brother, sister, and me. I feel happy because we had a fun time and my mom was completely surprised. She had no idea! It is sad because it shows my dad, Bowen, who passed away a year and a half ago. He was so excited about the surprise party. He was really just one big kid! A few days before the party my dad called me and asked my opinion on what to get for Mom for her big day. He could barely drive and hardly walk, but he had managed to get himself up to his favorite jewelry store--Sam's Club! (What a hoot!) He was trying to pick out something over the phone with me and he said, "Well, her birthstone is an opal. They have an opal set here." What? How did he know her birthstone? I didn't! He got her the jewelry and was very proud of himself! I really miss him. He was such a character, but a Great Dad! Oh, and he has this big black eye in the photo because he had fallen a few days before.
O.K. I tag Erin L., Amy B., Amie C., and Freddie. (If you've already done this, sorry!)
8 comments:
Hey, do you read my blog?! I'd done tagged you for this here thang a while ago. Gee whiz... (Or is it Cheese Whiz? And why would anyone want to eat whiz from cheese? Ick!)
Oh that makes me want to cry- just the fact that your dad would go through that trouble. Sweet.
What sweet and tender memories to go with that picture... what a good man.
Sounds like wonderful memories. We are so blessed to be able to have them to recall the great experiences we have been given. Your Dad is a great person, I'm glad you shared this.
Thanks for playing along, Jess, you are a good sport! I wonder how I can get Jonathan to read this post?!?!? Hmmm. . . Always did think your dad was a neat guy!!
Thanks everyone for saying such nice stuff about my dad!
What a great post. These are the type of things I love blogs for. I love knowing that about your family and it's awesome that now you have that written down for your family!
WHat sweet memories....so now I get to do this too?!? Hmmmm...Alrighty! I'll give it a try! Have a great day! :)
Post a Comment