10 years ago
Thursday, January 22, 2009
A Stitch in Time
Last week, in 7 degree weather, Sawyer, his dad, and two friends were playing basketball in our driveway. Sarah was out there as well, apparently riding her bike. (These people are all crazy!) Well, Sarah finds a lump of ice on the ground and brilliantly decides to throw it at her unsuspecting brother. "I was throwing it at his chest!" she claims. I tend to believe her, as I (1) have seen her play basketball and (2) know she couldn't have hit him with such precision if she had tried a million times. Yep, she busted open his eyebrow. Luckily we have a doctor in the house. Jackson gave Sawyer his little Rexie to hold and we all loaded up the van and drove to Matt's office. Sawyer was very brave, especially during the shots, but he did need to hold his Mom's hand. ( I finally felt needed!) Only two stitches were required, but Sawyer wanted us to tell everyone he had four stitches. I felt really bad for him, but on the way home we stopped at church for a meeting and he ended up playing basketball with the 12-18 year old boys! He made several shots and ended up having his stitches bleed with a knock in the head. Boys will always be boys, I believe. However, for our first kid to get stitches, Sawyer did an awesome job!



Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
It is nice to feel needed. Love it when that happens. Even if it is at the expense of your child.
Post a Comment