Friday, October 10, 2008

I LOVE (gritting my teeth) Switching Out Summer/Winter Clothes!

Our Upstairs Hallway--Where to walk?

Sawyer's room


Everyone in our family (especially me) hates switching out their summer/winter clothes at the end of the season. Yet, it still must be done. I sincerely envy those who just keep all their clothes, shorts, jeans, sweaters, and swimsuits in one happy mix. But, alas, it is not for us. We just don't have enough room and the kids keep outgrowing their clothes! Plus, we have to save Sawyer's old stuff for Drew, and Drew's for Jackson! Matt, not really one to comment on the state of our home, asks, "Do we have to do this? It's such a mess." What?! WE?! Doesn't he mean ME? I despise this task, not only because it takes so long, but because I have to fight with all the children to get them to try on their stuff, force them to select items to donate, decide which will still fit next year and which will need to pass on down the line! AHHHH! No wonder I don't feel like getting out our Halloween Decos. Where would I put them? On top of the piles of clothes? I should note that sweet Drewie was the only cheerful one and willingly tried on all his stuff and helped me make a "Keeper" pile (as he called it). Hopefully we will have the hallway passable by this weekend! You know, don't we really only need two pairs of jeans and three shirts? After all, I do do laundry every single day, except Sunday! Next year will be different!!! It's gotta be.....for all of our sakes!

3 comments:

Melanie said...

What is wrong with you? I love switching out summer/winter clothes!! In fact I will run do that right now. You know instead of doing laundry all the time you can just go buy more clothes. Works for one of my friends.

McKenna Cotton said...

this is one of those tasks that Aaron has no idea i do- It's not fun , i agree!

Annie said...

You go girl! I haven't even started it's so overwhelming! Good thing it has stayed warm so long (just for me!) I will switch them out soon so we can have some fall weather! Be assured there will be clothes everywhere!