Monday, October 13, 2008

Back to School (A.K.A "Day of Joy")









These are late, but I wanted to post my kids' back to school photos. It is a beautiful, sunny morning and they are all so excited. I love the way everyone jumps up and gets ready so fast on the first day of school! Sarah is in the seventh grade, Sawyer in the fifth, Drew in second, and Jackson is in his second and final year of preschool. Now, don't misconstrue my post. I totally love my children. I would throw myself in front of a bus to save them and all that jazz ... However, the first day of school always makes me feel GIDDY! ( Like angels singing "AHHH- Hal-le-lu-jah! ") Jackson and I cleaned the house, did several loads of laundry, went to Costco, took a nap, and still had time to go out for our annual "first day of school" celebratory lunch with my neighbor. The kids arrived home excited and hungry. We had our yearly first day snack--turkey and cheese bruschetta at my house and brownies at our neighbors. Our family loves to be together, but we also love some time apart to have our own adventures that we come back and share together! A side note: I think home-school moms are either Saints or Crazy! Go School!!! (Or should I say, "Go To School!")

4 comments:

Annie said...

I celebrate that day too....It helps me appreciate them more when school is out. Cute pictures!

McKenna Cotton said...

way cute pics- I used to think it was just the spring air that made me happy on that day- nope, it's that they are back in school! No shame in my game.

The Loesevitz Family - said...

Haha! Ya know - I am so excited for my little ones to be in school someday! I hope that doesn't make me a horrible mom!

Heather said...

AMEN!