Friday, October 10, 2008

Saint James Court Art Fair


For the past five years, I have wanted to go to the Saint James Art Fair in downtown Louisville. Finally this year I was able to go with my neighbor buddy, Kristin. Thankfully, saint Erin L. volunteered to watch Jackson, although I was planning on taking him. (Advice: Do NOT take your children with you!) It was really fun! We just kept saying, "There are so many creative and gifted people out there!" I especially love this booth where the took old, ornate silverware and turned it into gorgeous jewelry, picture holders, wind chimes, money clips, everything! Another booth made bracelets and earrings out of old typewriter keys. So cute! Still another had those sweet pillowcase and old handkerchief dresses. Do you notice a pattern? I love "OLD" stuff! (Don't make any comments on my age here! And I know you are Jennifer S.!) We only went through half of the booths, and we were there for over three hours! Above is one of the few things I did buy, along with some homemade molasses cookies (to die for!), and a foam sword for Jack-Jack. Anyways, if you've never been, you are invited to go along with me next year! Let's go!

3 comments:

Melanie said...

Did you buy me one?!?!? Love that; sooooo adorable. Wonder if I could make it? Ha No.
Mel

The White Family said...

Hey Jessica! Welcome to the blogging world! I just started too and it has been fun. It was fun to see you at Leanne's wedding this summer, I hope all is going well.

Jennifer S. said...

Yes - I do have a comment about the OLD stuff, but I will refrain from putting it in writing. I'll wait until I see you in person.

Great BLOG Jess. I'm very proud of you!